Achieve The Success You Want In Your Accounting or Professional Career
Is This You?
- You are an accountant or other functional professional.
- You want to build a successful career.
- You are a professional association or network that supports accountants with their continuing professional development.
Building A Successful Career In Accounting or Your Professional Field Is Tough In My Experience
Truth is it isn't necessarily the most talented who go achieve the most in their career.
It's those who are:
Technically competent in their professional field
Not necessarily brilliant at the technical elements of the role
Self confident, self aware and action orientated
They understand themselves, their value and are willing to take action.
Great at building relationships, presenting their ideas and partnering effectively with the wider business
They get that this is how they really add value.
Focused on the success of the business and making a real contribution
They pay attention to what really matters to the organisation. They flex and adapt based on the needs of their internal. They think more about results, outcome and contribution and less on activities.
Able to successfully navigate the job market
They know what they want. They are clear about the sacrifices they will make. They know what they have to offer.
They can market and sell themselves effectively and make the right moves at the right time for the right reasons.
Are good all rounders
By that they have right blend of technical, non technical, interpersonal and business skills.
The good news is that building a successful career is achievable if that's what you want and are willing to do the work
Hi, I'm Duncan Brodie. Qualified accountant, coach and former Finance Director
Since 2006, I’ve been helped over 6,000 accountants and professionals:
- Land their next job
- Become better leaders
- Improve their presentation skills
- Be more effective business partners
Before that I spent 25 in accountancy climbing the career ladder from Payments Clerk to Finance Director.
- One to one coaching and mentoring
- Training and workshops for finance and other teams of professionals
- Seminars, speaking and breakout sessions for professional associations and institutes
What best describes you?